Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Advent Wreath

I ADORE this time of year! I adore Advent, and preparing. My soul and spirit needs this so deeply - to prepare for my Lord.

This includes preparing my home, which seems to become a greater challenge each year in getting my symbols of the season out and about to help my mind and heart quiet. This year, while I had my wreath out and ready, it took a few days to light it and bless it. But, we got our home prepared this weekend, and I can tell my spirit and soul feel a difference! I am focusing better! Less noise!

Last week was our first year participating in Snoring Scholar's Advent Wreath Link-Up.  Here was my post last year, as it helps explain the deep meaning behind our particular wreath base.

So, without any further adieu, here is 2012's edition of the Advent Wreath Link-Up!!


As usual, we have it placed on our dinning table. This year, we are excited to have won a copy of Sarah Reinhard's Welcome Baby Jesus  and LOVE using the "Think/Pray/Act" prompts as we reflect on each week's candle. It is a WONDERFUL Advent resource for the whole family. This year, I took a wider angled picture to capture its daily companion - our Jesse Tree. We love these two traditions in our home. We do an ornament a day with the kids over at Advent Adventures!



I so love our wreath. I miss our traditional (my childhood) one...lost in storage from last year's move and illness....BUT, I have fallen in love with its simplicity, the color white - purifying my life, and the etchings on it with the themes of each week. I felt it was made for our home and hearts.

This year, we added new wreath - one for the kids. Lovely made this SO BRILLIANTLY simple homemade green play-dough wreath with votive candles in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. How cool is this? We light it at night time prayers in their room (and blow it out and put it up high!). What a great, hands on, step by step way to learn about the Advent Wreath?



I hope you are having a blessed Advent 2012. Much love and prayers to you, and THANK YOU for your prayers for us. They are working, day by day. Healing is a blessing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!