Please pray for our first responders, including the religious leaders of this little town...
I can't imagine what the EMTs and police saw, or all the grief the above priests, Msgr. Weiss and Fr. Suarez, and all the community religious leaders have been CARRYING while dealing with their own emotions.
I'm reminded to keep praying for ALL first responders, and all victims of violence around the world - not just the newsworthy ones. Keep the hope in this broken world.
The following was in my Little Blue Book for Advent on Saturday for Advent Meditations on the Gospel, and was so appropriate for today:
In the face of all I see wrong with the world, I have 2 options. One option is to see all these problems as fatal. The world is doomed to be forever unjust and tragic, so I should simply do my best to get the most I can for myself out of the situation. The other option is to see all creation as the recipient of the overwhelming power God's compassion and transforming love. When I look at the the world this way, I believe that every struggle for peace and justice, however small, ultimately have an effect, and whatever energy I spend to relieve suffering is worth the effort. Christian faith calls me to choose the second option - to live my life in this world with hope...not wishful thinking.
Choose Hope today. Pray for those who carry the burden of quietly providing hope to those who feel hopeless. God bless our first responders.
How will you respond today?
Monday, December 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!