Friday, December 14, 2012

2:18

18 "A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more."

Matthew 2:18.

Bless the innocents slaughtered today.
Bless their parents - hearts pierced.
Bless the mother who looked into the eyes of her son as he slew her and her students.
Bless the staff who are children to someone, had children, and have loved ones now left behind.
Bless the family of the slayer.
Pray for his soul.
Bless his surviving family members.
Pray for the additional loved ones he killed.
Pray for all those lost to and touched by violence all over the world. All loss is senseless.

Be the Body of Christ - believe for those who just can't right now. Serve those you can. Question God as you need - He can take it and WANTS you to turn to Him, even to implore.

Weep and mourn. Comfort will come, even if unwanted and unfathomable.

Lord have mercy. Christ have mercy. Lord have mercy.

+ Eternal rest, grant unto them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace.

May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.+

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you... best response to the day's tragedy I've read so far. You've settled me soul a little.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!