Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rollercoaster Ride

I don't have much energy to type, but I could use some prayers. One of the reason I have fallen away from blogging is because of home schooling. I have so many things I want to record here! One day I will catch up.

I have two other reasons too. Two things I need prayers over.

1) We lost our house. Those words alone are hard enough to write. I will say it surprised me, and thankfully God worked His best to redeem a situation I still am grieving, but accepting.

2) My husband has fallen ill. He was rushed to the ER Monday, and was in surgery Tuesday. He had an intestinal blockage, LARGE hernia, and it was also discovered the lining INSIDE the abdomen that keeps our organs in formation was damaged beyond repair (from hernia). So, they gave him a pig skin transplant for new lining. They also had to completely redo his stoma. They created a new one on the opposite side of his abdomen, and had to rebuild the previous stoma location, muscle, and use pig skin to rebuild the lining. It was supposed to be a routine 2 hour surgery....that went 4.5 hours. He is still in the hospital. Not sure when he is released - no earlier than this coming Monday.

Thank you for your prayers. I promise you, while I feel many things about our recent trials, I do feel peace. God has been with us every step of the way - from providing a home we could move into to immediately (I learned we lost our house 2 weeks ago today, and was told we had to be out by the following Monday morning. We had a place to immediately go that we can all our own and rebuild from. We had 20 of our friends and family come move us immediately too, provide child care, food, etc) and prayerfully support us with great love and compassion. Hubby got sick AFTER the move. Think of what would have happened if we had to move now, while he was sick? God is Good! Then, right when our community of friends and family thought all was calm after our move, Hubby got sick, and everyone jumped back in - taking our kids again at night so I could be at the hospital, driving them to preschool, feeding them, etc. God's hands and feet personified. I don't know what I can say that can describe the beauty in this rutted period of time.I'm not sure how I can pay everyone back. I know I will be paying this forward....

I'll try to update more as I can. I'm at the hospital a lot, doing the night shift at the hospital with my husband, taking care of the kids during the day and trying to home school, unpack, and create routine for my children to feel safe in. I am tired, no lie. Sometimes I feel resentful I'm in these circumstances (this happens to other people, not me...right?) But, I am positive and saying "Why NOT us." instead of "Why us!".  Plus, I've never seen God so at work in our lives, more miracles, and more redeeming of broken situations. It's pretty amazing actually. When I feel too tired to keep going, simply pondering these things in my heart renews me to keep going.

Bear with me. Pray for me. I know I'll be processing here as I can. I'll update on Hubby's condition as things progress. Thanks for the prayers.

Much Love!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, prayers for you. Those are some heavy crosses but you have a beautiful optimism. I hope your husband is well very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee, when it rains...praying for you all, friend. I wish I could do more. Sounds like all you need is being provided. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are in my prayers. I knew about your husband and have been praying for him but I didn't know about the house. I'm happy you were able to find a new place so quickly and have such a great support system around you. I'm too far away to be of any help to you, but I hope my prayers will help you in some small way. I wish I could give you a big hug right now (even if my big pregnant belly would be in the way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry. Of course we will keep you and your family in our prayers. If you live near Baltimore or D.C. and there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there! {{{{{{HUG}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of prayers...as always! I do not know exactly what you are going through but have been through the "When it rains, it pours" times. Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your struggles; will definitely be praying for your husband and for all of you.`

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea, babe. Of course you have my prayers. Sending you lots of love & hugs too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom2Grantand Anna has left a new comment on your post "Rollercoaster Ride":

    This too shall pass, and you will be stronger as a result. God is good, all the time. Our love and prayers are with y'all through these tough times. Please know that we love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sweetie...I'm just now seeing your post & my heart goes out to you & your family. You will DEFINITELY be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!