Good EARLY Friday,
It IS Friday, but still that time/hour before 12:30am when people say "I'll do more "tomorrow". It is going to be a busy day, so as Hubby and I both wind down to sleep, I figured I'd "pen" some thoughts down, so I wouldn't mess with the flow. I am looking forward to bed though, and tried to get lots done tonight so I could try and nap tomorrow. I napped today for the first time in forever and it felt. so. good. I want to do it again lol. They are addictive!
But, I digress....ahem:
Friday Five
1. I'm preparing to do a 5K (first time in forever - I think my last 5K was in the fall a year ago - when I was barely showing with my pregnancy with Valiant) on May 9th. I can't pass this up - it is so easy to attend. So, I've been working my way back up to running 3.2 miles without stopping. I was feeling REALLY good about it until watching The Biggest Loser this week and one of the final 4 bragged he used to have a goal of doing a 5K, but now he's strong enough for marathons. That deflated the pride I had in building back to a 5K HAHA!! I'd love to be strong enough for a marathon. Wow. Instead of giving up, I went out more this week with walking some to warm up, then taking off jogging. I'm still nursing, so preparing for a run is a total blast. I wear three bras to keep these lactating orbs of sustenance in place as I run. Trust me - you should thank me for saving your vision from me running unsupported. People would go blind. It felt good to run again, and I look forward to getting healthier by doing so.
2. We're looking forward to a fun weekend. We get to renew this weekend with fabulous friends and just "be". The kids can play, the parents can talk, eat great food, and have a fun Saturday at an air show! It'll end with getting to worship together on Sunday and hanging out some. Hubby and I are really excited! YEAH!
3. My brain has gone on vacation - with a one way ticket. Last week I wrote about my typos and brain gas when spelling words, this week at a lunch park date I left my car unlocked, windows down, and back hatch up after unloading all our stuff, food, and kids. Nothing happened to my car or contents, but I can't believe for a good hour, my car was on display. Really....I'm such a dork. If anyone sees my brain, tell it to come home, it is missed! Goodness.
4. I have another prayer request - my dad, who is 85 - but is so healthy and fit - has had a minor heart issue. He's had a procedure last year (20 mins long) to get his heart back in rhythm a while back when it was discovered it was not regular. They stopped and restarted his heart and it worked great. Well, it is back out of rhythm so he needs an Ablation (procedure) on Tuesday. I'm praying it goes well. He deserves all the energy he can get to keep up his fit and active lifestyle, and we love having him around! Thanks for your prayers. It seems next week will be a big medical week for my family.
5. This morning friends and their kids will arrive for a play date to paint a new banner for us to march with for our town's parade coming up! The moms walk with the banner every year, and the kids come along behind and ride wagons, bikes, strollers, with balloons, streamers, etc. It's a lot of fun and they get to be seen in the parade. I love that tradition! It should be a fun morning with friends and some painting and crafting as well. I think we'll be taking cloth bags and decorating them and using them for the grocery store, etc. What a fun Mother's Day treat. I like being creative with people and, what a "green" concept saving plastic and paper grocery bags from being used!
TGIF!!!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



"lactating orbs of sustenance"! oh you're hilarious!
ReplyDeleteLove you and your sense of humor
Your daughters are so beautiful! :) I hope you have/had a great weekend, and good luck to your father - my thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteI am in awe of your 5K progress! The most I've ever run is two miles, and it took weeks of training to achieve that.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for your dad!
I wonder if my brain is off w/ yours on vacation! My sister likes to say that we lose brain cells w/ each child we have (I have 4 & she has 5). My oldest will tell me, "It's because of us that you forgot (fill in the blank)! You lost those brain cells when you had us!"
ReplyDelete