Ahhhhh, sitting down. Babies napping upstairs, sound of the fans blowing air in the house, sipping water.....NICE!!! I won't mention the sound of the pile of laundry sitting next to me on the floor calling my name rather loudly. I should fold it while the babes sleep...but, I don't wanna lol!!! Well, until I hit "publish."
So, it's "TGIF!!" Yeah! I look forward to a restful weekend. I had made plans to see an old friend and her son, but our kids seem to be getting under the weather - so it may be a sign that is too much after the 1st week of school. BUMMER for us....I know we'll make it happen though. At least the fam and I will get to be together!!!
I'm looking forward for some time to rejuvenate. I've had some of those "stressful" thoughts enter my head again....weighing down the spirit. I'm trying to "choose how I feel" and battle my darker moments (I know we all have them - where we worry too much, feel insecure, people pleasing, or doubt) but sometimes it is hard. Ok, a lot hard. I may have to turn on some music, reflect/pray some, or jump around and get some endorphins going lol! A little faith right? I'm sure the walk to school to get Lovely will perk me right up!
Let's hit the countdown before the babes wake up, or the laundry tackles me!!
1. I need to start planning Lovely's 6th B-day. I'd like to have it on the 6th. She wants a small tea party. It will be fun, girls could come all dressed up in whatever they wanted to feel girly, or tea partyish. But - it is hard making it small, the details, etc. We also don't want people to bring presents. Last year we did a book exchange...everyone swapped books and took them home. What could I do this year that is like that, but works with a tea party theme? Hmmmmm.
2. I'm looking forward to a movie night tonight. Slum Dog Millionaire after bedtime? Kid movie before? We'll see how it goes with our Family Time, and how everyone is feeling....
3. I'm thrilled dinner is already made. Yummy leftovers we actually like!! LOL homemade Baked Turkey and Cheese Chimichangas. YUM!! Easy to make too!
4. I'm really looking forward to Sunday. On days I feel down, I look forward to the community uplift from my church. The mass and the people do wonders for my soul (music too!!).
5. I'm soooooo grateful Lovely has had such a fantastic week back, AND my week with two babies has gone sooooooo well! AWESOME!!!!!
Well, this was short and sweet. Time to gather the troops! And laundry....and Flylady my kitchen....is it Friday yet???
TGIF!!
Wait - a thought just came to me as I thought about the babies upstairs. You know how everyone raves about how precious and miraculous these souls are? And it is true...they are, indeed, utter perfection and a miracle! It kinda just hit me that somehow we sell that miracle short post babyhood. Toddlers, children, teens, adults...are we still not that miraculous soul that came kicking and screaming into this world? Sure, we have our less than perfect moments now...lives made interesting with crosses, choices, mistakes and successes - but we are still those miracles, here for a purpose...correct? So today...I CHOOSE to say I honor the miracle that is you. You are wondrous and precious and you make someone's day just by your presence. Blessings and faults, the whole package....you just ARE.
That's a miracle if I've ever seen one.
TGIF!! (again! hehe).
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



Hi there:) Thanks for your comment the other day! I realized that blogger hasn't been sending me your feed and I've not been keeping up to date with your blog... hmmm. Not sure why...
ReplyDeleteBe curious to 'hear' what you think about Slumdog Millionaire, I blog about my take as one of my quick takes.
ReplyDeleteHow about having a cookie exchange as part of the tea party?
I honor the miracle of you and the many blessings you bring into my world
Sorry you're having a down time. Hope mass today helps!
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah - it did help me....and a nap. There is so much that figures in my moods. SIGH. But today was a great day...good message, good service...good perspective. Plus, you are a gift to me.
ReplyDeleteELF - Good to see you...my blogger has done the same thing for feeds!
Joy - Thank you, you are so kind!