Of course, as my husband leaves for 3 hours, and my oldest is at her grandparents till tomorrow, and the baby is asleep, and I'm here alone - I could just attack the house. Do a whirlwind straightening. Our house could use it. It's a bit chaotic since I've had little energy to touch it or encourage my family to help touch it too this week. But no. I sat down with my water and decided to check in with "ye ole blog". Inspired by the lovely weather, and fun at the park this morning, I have the energy to clean some, but first I wanted to create an outlet for myself with some feelings inside - write them out, get the out, and then let them go. It's one of the reasons why I opened a blog in the first place. So, as I spring clean my house some today in the quiet and solitude of MIA family members, I think I'll do some "soul cleaning" here.
I thrive on social activity. I love being with my family, and seeing my friends! My weeks are blessed to have the time for that. When I was working, I had a social outlet at work, but once Lovely was born, and I started grad school, I never got out much. Even when I finished school and was just a working mom and not a student too, I still didn't get out as much. So, having moved to our current home, now being home with my kids, and having met some of the best people EVER, I am the happiest I've been. Yet....sometimes I can't enjoy it all the time. I am constantly over analyzing my words, conversations, flaws, thoughts. I remember WAY too much, and many times it is the things I don't need to remember LOL! Why can't my brain work when I need it too (like paying people back I owe). It annoys me. And, if it annoys me - think of the friends that actually notice me doing it! My friends are saints for sticking by me!
Today was one of those days. I forewarn you not all you read here will make ANY sense. This entry if more for me. I caught myself today jumping in conversations - then thinking to myself "why did I just interject there? Interrupt?" For example - one was a conversation about social networking sites and to join them or not. I jumped in kinda to help give examples of sites people can use if they DON'T want to social network to avoid the peer pressure of joining - but I worried later "did I just just offend the person that prefers to network?" Plus, I wasn't in the conversation!!! Another time I found myself in a quiet moment rehashing things of the past I can't change, yet bringing them up because I guess I wanted to air my flaws before I worried others would. That is a real issue of mine. I'll belittle myself or past mistakes because I "assume" you are thinking, judging, and remembering them, and I'd rather say them out loud first so you "know I know". (HAHA, so, did THAT paragraph make ANY sense???!!)
So anyways - I just wanted to write those down so they are released to the universe (especially before I write an e-mail to send to these people, or call them, and really....that is not what I need to do. I just did it the other night, and that just causes more attention/stress than needed. Hello...LET GO ViolinMama! And, lol my e-mails have not been well written and clear lately, lol!) I honestly know WHY I overworry, overthink, and lose security. I could share it here, but it would probably be too long for 1 or 2 entries. I will say I've been wounded. Much of what I feel developed as "survival instincts" for those times mostly from childhood, but some as an adult dealing with some 'unchanging variables'. I could go talk to someone about them, but I had a great thought given to me. I know why I think as I think, so why stay "stuck" in my past talking about my past with someone? (not that I'm knocking seeing a counselor - I think they are great. I've seen them. They helped me figure out "me" and gave strategies to cope/improve/survive). What I need for "me" to do is to reclaim my present, and free up my future. More like life coaching myself. I can't change the past - and maybe I can't change "me" in the present (we all know from being married how we can't change our spouse) but I can work hard on "rewiring" how I think and react in the present, so I can have the richest future possible in emotional freedom.
I always chuckle at myself. I am a woman of deep faith. I "feel" so much. I know I am blessed, and I know when times are down and out - my faith has sustained me (such as Hubby's illnesses). God has never failed me, and if I lost my family in some accident tomorrow, I know my God is there for me and for them and I would never walk away from His strength and love. So, why can't I tap into that faith and just "let go, Let God" more in my daily life? Let Him take these feelings and yoke(s) on his shoulders? I guess that just shows I have to keep on growing. We all are called to carry our crosses with Jesus. Everyday. Something that really reminds us around spring and Easter. So, I guess I'll add this to the couple dozen crosses I bear - HA! 2009 has been a year I've pledged to grow in many areas (physically, emotionally, spiritually) and this is part of that process. So I'll work on both "letting go" more, and "carrying" my cross. I need to accept I am flawed, but STRONG and loved. I can stretch myself, grow, and improve. I may revert along the way - overworry, overthink - but I'll try and catch myself. Help me, if you will. I hope I can help you too. We'll stumble and fall together with our crosses - but I know we'll make it. I know I will. I will.
You know what? I just remembered. Jesus stumbled and fell with his cross too. More than once.
He eventually got where he needed to be. I know I will too.
Much love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



I second guess what I've said all the time. Did you notice the PS I sent about "just who happened to be in my address book" and then later one "I know you could do it yourself..."
ReplyDeleteI even second guess what I blog. I've struggled with whether or not to make it more personal or to just keep it to the original plan. There are plenty of drafts in the list.
I'm blessed to have you as a friend and blessed to know that we are carrying some of the same challenges because we compliment each other in many ways.
Now, where are those toddler shoes?
I just wanted to say I get it. And, I love you. Very very much.
ReplyDeleteThanks friends for the very sweet (and real) comments. I think you both are pretty awesome, and I'm glad we are there for each other. I "get" ya'll too (and love).
ReplyDeleteand HAHA on the toddler shoes lol!!