Sunday, July 15, 2012

Thoughts this Sunday


I find myself:
::noticing God's glory
I've been feeling more healthy and energetic the last few days. I made sure to get the kids and I to evening Mass tonight, even though doing it single mom style with Hubby gone is not the easiest thing!

::listening to 
Secret Millionaire and Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition while enjoying time blogging and on Pinterest. Sunday nights when my husband is working becomes very nice "me" time in exchange. 

::clothing myself in 
PJ pants and my purple tie shirt from today. 

::talking with my children about these books
The Little House on the Prairie series.

::thinking and feeling
That my life is pretty darn good these days. We have come so far, and still have way too far to go. I still need to be more on top of all my new roles, but I'm proud of the control I do exercise over our family finances and decisions. I am also proud of the fact that I have been feeling proud of having pride IN my husband - his job discernment, decisions, etc. 
I am thinking that I need to get back on track losing more weight than just mere points. I need to get back to tracking and working. It's been over a month since a I lost more than a pound at a WW weigh in. Every day is a fresh day!

::giving thanks for
my husband's good job, this months theme in "humility" from Small Steps - it is so appropriate for all the cares, worries, and self-pride I am dealing with. Time to decrease so my faith increases! 
 ::pondering prayerfully
"How happy I am to see myself imperfect and to be in need of God's mercy." ~ St. Therese of Lisieux

::carefully cultivating rhythm
~ tracking my food intake
~ creating a routine this week nannying
~ taking advantage of the pool this week for working out. 

::creating by hand
does this include creating a clean house before nannying this week? LOL!

::learning lessons in
patience and presence. I may be improving in most areas of my life, but I need to work on being patience and PRESENT for my children more often, especially when my surroundings don't always inspire me. 

::encouraging learning 
In the words of Elizabeth Foss, "I always think we're going to get so much accomplished during the summer. And then we don't. But it's still early in July. Perhaps we will?" - Perfect lol!

::begging prayers
for our family, my marriage, for my weight loss/health journey, and my dear friend who has moved far away from loved ones with her family. Pray for an abundance of new friends, and an easy adjustment! 

 :keeping house
Oye. This should just be called "house", not "keeping". And, I don't even have a house - so why is it so hard? LOL!!

 ::crafting in the kitchen 
I have been doing a pantry/freezer clean out!  I have been cooking everything, and it feels good!

::loving the moments
when my kids see dear friends, or my husband after a long work week, or when they see me after a short absence. I treasure how their faces light up!!!

::living the liturgy
Talking up going to Mass and seeing Jesus on a daily basis. 

::planning for the week ahead
We have a big week ahead. I need to commit to get to getting proper sleep. Which means...I am up past my bedtime!! Goodnight!!

~ Meme found on Elizabeth Foss' website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!