Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day, 2012

From the wonderful words of my former youth minister, co-worker, and friend...

"Before today ends, say a prayer. Say a prayer for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Say a prayer for those who gave up their lives so that we would live in freedom. Say a prayer for those who sacrificed everything for others to live in freedom. Say a prayer for their families who lost a son or daughter; a brother or sister; a father or a mother. Today is Memorial Day. A special Day! A day to give thanks to those who served and a day to remember those who gave everything. I am grateful for them all. God Bless the U.S.A."

While my youngest two are not loving this picture, this is my dad,  Lt. Col. RET, presenting at the history center with other veterans for Memorial Day.

Another sweet vet thought it would help to put his uniform hat on Gift. HA! Nope! But cute!

 More pictures to come of our day with my dad and his presentations...but it was a great day, and great way to remember all that our servicemen and women past and present, with their families, sacrifice for us to be "free".

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!!



Love, us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!