Happy Friday. Even with the rain and clouds, it is a a lovely day! I've been running around today getting things ready for J's baby shower tomorrow here, but I was stopped by a cool e-mail. I wanted to share its contents.
I want this blog to show all the aspects of my life. My faith plays a big role in each aspect. I don't want to turn readers away from hearing about it, and I know I have launched into it because I happened to start blogging with Lent, but I can't deny what I feel. When I am filled with self-doubt (which is an issue I need to work on often and you'll also read about here) my faith jumps in....sometimes slowly. I forget to cling to it when I crave the verbal affirmations of others, but I eventually come back around to it.
So, you, the reader, will get to hear about my ponderings about faith often, and I welcome to hear what you think, or what inspires or touches you. This is a time to walk together, no matter where we are on the journey!!!
So, anyways...back to what was cool to read today! I got some mini meditations for Lent. They are quick, to the point, not overly done or religiously in your face that turns people away instead of listening! I loved them. They tackle the 3 areas of Lent - to fast (sacrifice), pray or do, and alms giving. These though, don't focus on the normal ideas people have of lent (fast from food, give $$) and are aimed at women and caregivers. You can easily modify them for your life. I love the wisdom in them.
Check them out! I'll try to post them as I get them.
Day 1:
Fast: Skip reading magazines, blogs, or anything else in the world that inspires self-pity instead of self-confidence.
Pray: Listen. God is speaking to you right now. Stop interrupting.
Give: People are more important than things. Remember that your time and your attention are more valuable commodities to your family than your accomplishments.
Day 2:
Fast: Let the answering machine pick it up! Let your caller leave a message and only return essential phone calls today.
Pray: “Blessed are the ears which hear God’s whisper and listen not unto the whispers of the world”—Thomas a Kempis
Give: “Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go.” — Mother Teresa
Fast: Think of a time when you knew you were a good wife or a good mom. Re-create that moment today.
Pray: When some small person tugs at your sleeve, remember that God’s voice is sometimes very small.
Give: Be your real self. What does it matter if every person in the world admires you, but none of it is real?
God Bless!! Much love to you!!
Oh - if you want to look for these - I got these from a website called faithandfamilylive.com - they are posted everyday with topics of all types of things dealing with faith and family.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a message. I hope to get better about commenting back directly (I get so busy with the kids!) but I appreciate you very much!! I wish you a GREAT day!